LE HAUT DES FIEFS
Rural gîte 3 wheat
In a green setting... Only 20 km from Brussels
The cottage "Le haut des fiefs" is involved since its creation in a sustainable approach. It obtained in januari 2018 the international label "green key" (www.greenkey.global). The Green Key award is the leading standard for excellence in the field of environmental responsibility and sustainable operation within the tourism industry. This prestigious ecolabel represents a commitment by businesses that their premises adhere to the strict criteria set by the Foundation for Environmental Education. A Green Key stands for the promise to its guests that by opting to stay with the Green Key establishment, they are helping to make a difference on an environmental level.
"Le haut des fiefs" was renovated in a sustainable way, and among others :
- Isolation "low energy" (K = 29)
- Wood heating
- Solar water heater
- Electricity supplied mainly by our own solar panels.
- Additional electricity provided by a contract "100% green and regional electicity" (see https://www.cociter.be/).
- Collecting rainwater for wc and the washing machine.
- Garden managed to improve biodiversity
- Signatory of the Charter "Maya Garden" for the protection of bees
- Covered bike parking. Maximum 4 bikes
- Waste recycling and composting of organic materials
Decoration of the cottage
- Use of paints and other natural renovation products.
- Use of eco-labeled cleaning products.
- Internet network via RJ45 cabling in each room. Nevertheless possibility for those who want a wireless station.
And above all, we make our customers aware of the "eco-actions" that save (the planet) during their stay: for our 21 eco-actions, click here!
For more information, contact us : email@example.com
"Le haut des fiefs" is authorised by the Commissariat général au Tourisme (General Tourist Board) and awarded as rural gîte 3 wheat.